So it is when I read the impressive lyrical works of Snoop Doggy Dogg. http://www.azlyrics.com/s/snoopdogg.html I hear, nay, I feel the sub texture of the fabric, of our modern society, encapsulated within the lyrical tapestry that the dogg weaves.
"you are then one, you are then one, you are then one, you are then one, you are then one, hooo
you are sexy, sexy, sexy, you are so sexy
you are then one, you are then one, you are then one, you are then one, you are then one, hoo hooyou are sexy, sexy, sexy, hmmm"
Taken from "Brake Fluid (Bitches Pump Yo Brakes)"
Put in an urban context, you can feel the doggs pain here. It is interprative, of course, but this lyric does describe some of the themes running through Doggs work. Heaven, earth, the mysterious fem fatale (who are here whimsically described as "bitches", or, as in his later poetic verses, tenderly as "ho's"), motherhood, returning and fertility.
"Just point them niggas out and I'll leave em all on the street bleeding
Bitch you fuckin with a grown man
How I'm gonna ax you in your own house and bury you in your own land
See the cops is scared to come and get me
But I don't blame em cause they know I got a bunch of thug niggas with me
Lookin for trouble, starting shitI'm ridin solo and I'm bustin and gettin rid of your dick
See your boys ain't bout beefing
When you fuckin with niggas that'll definately get you internal sleep
But if you didn't get the fuckin picture
[Gunshots] Bitch I'm down for my niggas"
Taken from: "Down 4 My Niggas"
Above we read the dogg venture into urban prose. Ever the renegade didactic, dogg lovingly describes in native vernacular, his innermost thoughts on how Humility is the highest virtue and how this may be attained. Notice both the buddhist, and confucist, overtones intertwine to distill the message to: "Bitch I'm down for my niggas". Within this simple structure the dogg also explores, the duality of nature that complements each other instead of competing with each other, how Material wealth does not enrich the spirit, how Self-absorption and self-importance are vain and self-destructive and, Victory in war is not glorious and not to be celebrated, but stems from devastation, and is to be mourned. Dogg knows this pain all to well.
I cannot understand why in this day and age why our modern and progressive education system does not include study of the dogg. I applaud all youngsters who read and follow the dogg way of life please wear your pants low as a mark of respect...
I notice Harry Hutton is also a fan of the dogg..
Regards
TheBagwan
No comments:
Post a Comment